Tofu Quiche ~ Vegan and Gluten Free

TofuQuiche

By : Debkay25@msn.com

I made some awesome tofu quiché in muffin cups yesterday.  I created a variation of my friend Felicia's recipe.  She brought some to the last potluck and I always have some tofu and fresh veggies around. Thought I'd give it a try this weekend. This is an easy meal and can be made with just about any vegetables.  She did find out while creating her recipe that the vegetables that contain the most moisture, like zucchini, should be dried a little or sauteéd first. I sliced a yellow zucchini very thin and weighted the slices between paper towels for about 30 minutes.  I had some fresh asparagus spears and just chopped them in about 1/2 inch sections. I also chopped some green onions to add to the vegetable mixture.  I didn't use mushrooms this time, but that's OK, my honey doesn't care for them much.  I also didn't have soft tofu, but I did have some vegan cream cheese in the fridge, which is made with tofu.  It worked great.  The little quiches came out firm, but fluffy. For my gluten intolerant friends, it's not only vegan, it's also gluten free.

Tofu Quiché
by Felicia Divina

  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 c chopped vegetables, spinach works best for me but anything low moisture, if you use zucchini saute first to get moisture out or dry it with paper towels. (I used asparagus, green onions, & sliced yellow zucchini.)
  • 1 1/2 c chopped mushroom, sauteed (add the rosemary here if you are using dried)
  • tsp chives
  • tsp rosemary
  • 1 box firm tofu
  • 1/2 c plain tofu
  • 3 or 4 TB nutritional yeast
  • 2 TB cornstarch  (I omitted the cornstarch)
  • 2 tsp tahini (heaping, I love the stuff)
  • 1 tsp tamari (Tamari is my addition to her recipe)
  • pinch freshly ground black pepper
  • pinch turmeric (I used big pinch turmeric, about a teaspoon)

I also added a sprinkle of cayenne to the top of each and a little Daiya cheddar and mozzarella style vegan cheese.

  1. Spray muffin tin, spoon veggies into tins
  2. Blend everything but the veggies in food processor or blender until smooth.
  3. Pour over the veggies. Bake at 350º for about 25 to 30 minutes, they will be firm and golden brown.

TofuQuicheBefore

WholeQuiche

Source : http://www.vegfriend.com/profiles/blogs/tofu-quiche-vegan-and-gluten-free

No comments:

Post a Comment